- This event has passed.
Introduction to Final Cut Pro X (Online)
Starts August 8
2 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, August 8-9, 9am-12pm
Get up to speed with Final Cut Pro X quickly! If you’ve outgrown iMovie, gotten frustrated with other legacy non-linear editing software, or you simply want to expand your editing repertoire, this compact course gets you flying with FCPX. From importing mixed media types, to color grading and sound mixing, to exporting for final delivery, you’ll learn all the basics and more. Discover for yourself why the BBC, Oscar-nominated indie filmmakers, YouTube stars, and educators swear by the speed and power of FCPX.
- Exploring FCPX
- Working with Media
- The Power of Metadata
- Magnetic Timeline and Editing
- Inspecting the Inspector
- Titles, Transitions, Effects, and Keyframes
- Color and Audio Control
- Exporting Projects
- Sidekicks: Compressor + Motion
- Plugins and Templates and Goodies
NOTE: Participation in this online course requires that you use the free Zoom cloud-based video conferencing service. For optimal performance it is highly recommended that you install Zoom on your computer rather than running it from a web browser. A few days prior to the class start date we’ll e-mail you the link and ID code needed to access this class on Zoom. Your instructor will be provided a student roster to take attendance. Click here for a tutorial on how to join a Zoom meeting and much more.
Tuition: $80 / $60 low-income
Jeremy Wilker, owner of TWEAK Digital, loves making moving images and has created works—in documentary, commercial, narrative, and political forms—for businesses and organizations near (Golden Valley) and far (Hong Kong). He has run or assisted with several successful Kickstarter campaigns (for his feature films Death To Prom and TRIUMPH67), consults and trains on workflow, software, and crowdfunding, and has spent many years in the print and graphics world. Jeremy is a longtime FilmNorth member, serves on the FilmNorth board and the Professional Advisory Board of the University of Wisconsin Stout, and volunteers with the Flyway Film Festival. When he isn’t creating imagery, Jeremy might be found snowboarding or playing with his two children.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 7 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 2 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of 5:00 pm the day prior to a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given (Friday at 5:00 pm for Sunday classes).
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.