An important showcase for more than two decades, MNTV has evolved into an annual series produced in collaboration with FilmNorth, Twin Cities PBS and Walker Art Center Film and Video Department, and funded by The Jerome Foundation.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE | Deadline: May 6, 2018
Curated by FilmNorth and the Walker Art Center, MNTV showcases the finest films and videos produced in the state over the past two years. The showcase is a series of one-hour broadcasts on tpt, featuring short films by Minnesota filmmakers of all levels of filmmaking experience.
If your film is selected,
- it will be broadcast on Twin Cities PBS and streamed online (airing Summer/Fall 2018);
- you’ll be paid a licensing fee of $500.
- Works must have a running time no longer than 30 minutes. There is no minimum length.
- You must have completed the work after March 5, 2016.
- You must have resided in the state of Minnesota at the time the submitted work was produced.
- If you are a full-time student at the time of broadcast (Summer/Fall 2018), you are not eligible to apply.
- You may submit one or two films for consideration. Please do not submit more than two. Complete a separate form for each submission.
- Current employees of FilmNorth, Walker Art Center, and Twin Cities PBS are ineligible to apply.
- There is no submission fee.
READY TO APPLY? HERE’S HOW!
- Complete an online form. You’ll need to provide a synopsis of your film, your bio, and other information about your film.
- If you are submitting your film online, include the URL on the application form. You do not need to submit a DVD if your film is available online.
- If you are submitting a DVD, please bring or mail it to the FilmNorth office (address is below). Please label the DVD with your name, the name of the film, and your phone number.
MNTV – FilmNorth
550 Vandalia St., Suite 120
St. Paul, MN 55114
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2018.
THIS IS AN IN-OFFICE DEADLINE, NOT A POSTMARK DEADLINE.
March 5, 2018 Applications open online
May 6, 2018 Applications due
May 2018 Selections announced
Summer/Fall 2018 MNTV Broadcast on Twin Cities PBS
Fall 2018 MNTV at Walker Art Center
The Fine Print:
MNTV is a series of short films made by Minnesota filmmakers and aired on Twin Cities PBS. Walker Art Center Film and Video Department, FilmNorth, and Twin Cities PBS have teamed up to produce the 2018 MNTV season. The Jerome Foundation provides the funding for the program.
The goal of MNTV is to provide a television broadcast venue for short-form filmmakers and to nurture an audience for their work. The MNTV program often represents the first time local filmmakers are compensated financially for the projects they produce and direct. Licensing fees of $500 are paid to the filmmakers for the broadcasts on Twin Cities PBS.
A panel of judges from the partnering organizations will judge the submissions based on:
- Production quality and craft
- Suitability for television
- Ability of filmmakers to present their applications in an articulate and professional manner
Questions? Contact Max Becker, 651-644-1912, ext. 3 or email@example.com.
Funding for MNTV is generously provided by The Jerome Foundation.