Succeeding as a Corporate Video Producer/Director
Starts May 19
2 sessions: Saturday–Sunday, May 19–20, 10 am–4 pm
Averill Kronick is an award-winning producer/director with over 40 successful years of experience with local and worldwide clients, such as 3M, Burlington Northern, Hazelden Foundation, Metro Transit, MN Historical Society, Radisson Hotels, and more. In this workshop you’ll learn the nuts and bolts of making a living as a freelance video producer, including how to:
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Develop a production budget
- Write a letter of agreement and contract
- Organize crew and equipment for cost-effective use
- Break down scripts for locations, cast, and crew
- Market yourself
- Make a profit as a producer
- Compare finished videos to budgets, scripts, and storyboards
Students will receive sample budget forms, release forms, letters of agreement, concepts, and treatments. Mr. Kronick will show samples of his work. There is a lunch break each session.
Tuition: $235 regular/$175 member/$130 low-income
–I enjoyed Averill Kronick’s 2-day workshop! It was so informative and well orchestrated and exactly what I was looking for. It was a great balance of real life experiences, visuals and instruction. I appreciated the detailed course outline, extremely useful handouts and easy-to-digest information. He encouraged questions and openly shared his opinions. Averill’s commitment to his craft and love of creativity was evident in his teaching. Highly recommend!
–It was very generous and helpful of him to provide actual documents like his spreadsheet, RFPs, etc. Thank you!
–I particularly liked the honesty and transparency of the instructor, in addition to his experience.
As a producer and director, Averill Kronick brings extensive experience in theater, television, and motion picture productions to every industrial client. He’s worked in film and video production professionally for more than 40 years. His wide-ranging film experience runs from large format Techniscope productions to 70mm IMAX, in addition to hundreds of 16 and 35mm corporate communications films. Of special note was the producing of a dynamic, beautifully photographed 70mm IMAX film shot entirely on location throughout Japan. He has received over 45 national and international awards for the many film and video projects he has produced and directed and most recently received recognition for three different projects produced in Haiti, Canada, and the U.S.
Averill is particularly interested in subjects dealing with history, education, and environmental messages and working on dramatic projects with actors on subjects of demanding interpretation. Travel has always been an important element of all of his work, affording him the opportunity to produce projects in over 40 countries. This has given him extensive experience producing and directing crews and actors speaking many different languages. Some of the companies and organization that Mr. Kronick has produced for include 3M Company, American Orchid Society, Boston Scientific/SCIMED, Braun/MNDOT, Burlington Northern, Carlson Learning Inc., Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Co., Country Inns & Suites, DEED, Delta Airlines, and more.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full to be valid. Registrations are accepted beyond registration deadlines as long as space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund by PayPal (online registrations, minus PayPal fee) or credit/debit card (phone or in person credit/debit card registrations) within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee (plus PayPal fee if applicable). For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee (plus PayPal fee if applicable). As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.