Short Cuts (ages 10-12)
Starts July 22
Monday–Friday, July 22-26, 9am-12pm
The perfect camp for the future director! Students will create two short films over the course of the week. You’ll be introduced to the filmmaking process through an introductory artist’s statement film, then add further production value in creating video poem shorts. You’ll learn how to develop and storyboard a film idea, direct and shoot a production with professional gear, and edit with Adobe Premiere Pro CC on iMacs.
Amelia Silbert works in community media education at Saint Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN), and creates her own projects as Acidic Pudding Productions. She spent two years in Americorps with SPNN Youth, and during that time led Digital Storytelling Initiative, a series of summer camps. More recently, Amelia and her partner made it into the second round of a Sundance writing lab with “Good Set,” and has created pieces on social issues from her perspective, such as body image, social anxiety, and imposed gender constructs.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Manager; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.