On-Air & Social Media Commercial Production for Nonprofits
Starts November 2
4 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, November 2, 3, 9 & 10, 10am-3pm
From local businesses to upcoming events, promoting your message is key to success. But how can a nonprofit organization make a commercial that effectively expresses its mission/services/events and cuts through the clutter and catches a viewer’s attention? This hands-on course will take students through the entire production process, from the first client meeting to delivering a finished, professional commercial. For the inaugural offering of this new course, FilmNorth will be the nonprofit organization profiled in our production.
- Working with a client to establish goals and key messaging
- Shooting/gathering footage
- Working with on-screen and voice-over talent
- Editing/Post-production, working with graphics
- The revision process
- Exporting final deliverables and best practices
The specific content of the course is dependent on FilmNorth’s input and goals, but participants will leave with a strong understanding of the commercial production process and how to utilize their footage for a variety marketing platforms. This is a fast-paced, intensive course meant for those with strong shooting and editing skills, but anyone with interest is welcome to participate. Students with access to editing software are encouraged to bring a portable hard drive on day 2.
Tuition: $320 regular/$240 member/$180 low-income
Maxwell Freudenthal (he/him/his) is an editor/videographer/animator at Captivate Media & Consulting. He’s the recipient of several regional Emmy’s for his commercial work at FOX9 and the writer/director of an award-winning feature, Undone: A New Musical. Before Maxwell graduated from MCAD, he was a mentor with FilmNorth’s (IFP, at the time) youth program, which later became Juice Media.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.