Editing for Social Media to Stand Out [CANCELED]
Starts June 8
2 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, June 8-9, 10am-4pm
Every day 63% of social media users are watching at least one social media video of some type (branding, info/entertainment, and “just because”). According to internet networking solutions leader Cisco, that number will quadruple by 2020. To help make sure your video is ready for—and stands out on—social media, this hands-on class covers common editing tasks as well as social media-specific tips and tricks including:
- Editing with proxies and mixed resolutions
- Multi-camera editing in Premiere
- Adding text, captions, and motion graphics to your video
- Editing audio, including acquiring and using stock music
- Color correction using Lumetri Scopes
- Exporting with Media Encoder for multiple social media platforms
- Uploading to YouTube, InstaGram, and Facebook
There will be ample time in class to practice edit a short social media video from start to end as well as discuss soft topics relevant to creating social media assets such as:
- Effective communication with producers, creative directors, and clients (being clear about expectations)
- Post-production workflows and schedules
Prerequisite: students should have basic Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects experience.
Tuition: $235 regular/$175 member/$130 low-income
With a BA degree in Media from Brooks Institute of Photography, Rochelle Gibbs has been active in all stages of media creation including pre-production, production, and post-production. She has worked in the film and television industry, broadcast sports, and also cause marketing and banded media content for social media. Along with creating video stories, Rochelle is passionate about training and mentoring.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.