Creating Social Media Videos That Work
Starts March 7
4 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, March 7, 8, 14 & 15, 10am-3pm
From local businesses to upcoming events, promotion is key to success and video is the most effective medium to accomplish that. But in this era of constant online pop-up and Facebook sponsored ads, how can an individual artist, business, or other organization create content that makes viewers stop scrolling and watch? This hands-on course will take students through the entire production process—from the first client meeting to delivering a finished, professional promotional piece—and provide them with a framework they can use to elevate their work on any platform. For the inaugural offering of this course, FilmNorth will be the organization profiled in our production.
- Working with a client to establish goals and key messaging
- Shooting/gathering footage
- Working with on-screen and voice-over talent
- Editing/Post-production, working with graphics
- The revision process
- Exporting final deliverables and best practices
The specific content of the course is dependent on FilmNorth’s input and goals, but participants will leave with a strong understanding of how to utilize the created footage for a variety of marketing platforms. This fast-paced, intensive course is designed for those with basic shooting and editing skills, but beginners are also welcome! Students should bring a portable hard drive to back up media files starting day 2.
Tuition: $320 regular/$240 member/$180 low-income
Maxwell Freudenthal (he/him/his) is an editor/videographer/animator at Captivate Media & Consulting. He’s the recipient of several regional Emmy’s for his commercial work at FOX9 and the writer/director of an award-winning feature, Undone: A New Musical. Before Maxwell graduated from MCAD, he was a mentor with FilmNorth’s JuiceMedia youth program.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.