Comedic Animation (ages 14-17)
Starts July 29
Monday-Friday, July 29-August 2, 1-5pm
In this course you’ll learn how to draw a caricature of yourself and the fundamentals of character design for animation. You’ll then design your character and animate it by using camera facial recognition technology through Adobe Character Animation CC. Lastly, you’ll make your character talk, act, and copy your own facial expressions in real time!
Carlos Merino is an eventual college teacher of visual narrative and animation and a full-time storyboard artist for film and TV. He has directed an animated series produced by universities in Spain and Mexico. His board work includes the Emmy-awarded Danger & Eggsshow currently on Amazon Prime. View his portfolio at storyboardmn.com and rentapencil.com.
Camp Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a camp, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid by cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another camp if scheduled in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first camp session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a camp start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed camp sessions.
- The FILMNORTH CAMP PARENT/GUARDIAN RELEASE FORM and FILMNORTH CAMP APPEARANCE RELEASE FORM must be completed and submitted prior to the start of the first camp session. A new set of forms must be completed for each camp. Please print, complete and return the two PDF forms below by: 1) emailing them to the Youth Programs Manager; or 2) mailing them via regular postal delivery to Youth Programs Manager, FilmNorth, 550 Vandalia Street #120, Saint Paul, MN 55114. You may also bring completed forms with you when you check your child in the first camp session. Students are not permitted to attend camps without signed forms.