Boosting Your On-Camera & Live Presence
Starts February 1
2 sessions: Saturdays, February 1-8, 9am-12pm
Perhaps you have a great idea for a project or have created great content behind the camera but now YOU need to get in front the camera to “tell your story”…add to your website…pitch your project…raise funds…speak on panels…present your content at screenings. Barbara Shelton of Babs Casting shows you how to put the words concise and succinct to the test in real time!
The first session covers:
- WHAT – is your full story, the shorter version (helpful during 10-minute meetings like those at the Catalyst Content Festival), and the shortest version (aka your elevator speech)?
- WHO – is your audience?
- WHERE – do you want to reach them?
In the second session we’ll cover the HOW: recording your stories while going over some technical tips and assistance. If you have to be in front of the camera (or a live audience), we’ll boost your confidence with this practical, fun, and safe small group class. You know your story, now make sure your audience HEARS it!
Tuition: $175 regular/$130 member/$100 low-income
Barbara “Babs” Shelton has been a commercial casting director since 1989. Her prior work as a counselor, social worker, and community organizer provides her with the skills to draw people out, to encourage them to clearly communicate and to get to the crux of what is most important. She has cast over 1,000 film, video, industrial, and print projects for clients from around the globe. She has coached and counseled hundreds of people, empowering them to find their voice and tell their story as well as tell someone else’s story! Recently, Babs worked in Northern Thailand with numerous nonprofit organizations, assisting them as they clarified their stories about their work so that they could create content in an effective way to raise money from donors.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.