Advanced Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Starts February 15
2 sessions: Saturday-Sunday, February 15-16, 10-4pm
For those with a basic grounding in Premiere Pro, this workshop offers participants the chance to deepen their understanding of how Premiere works and familiarize themselves with several of the more advanced tools in Adobe’s edit suite. With a focus on not just how to perform tasks in Premiere, but why, students learn:
- How to properly manage their data in order to maximize both safety and performance
- Workflow methods, workspace arrangement, and project organization strategies
- What codecs and proxy workflows are, and when to use them
- Shortcuts/hot keys for common tasks
- Audio syncing and creating/working with multicam sequences
- Color correction, camera matching, color grading, and LUT creation using Lumetri Color and Lumetri Scopes
- Audio mixing using Premiere’s built-in tools
- Text creation using Premiere’s Essential Graphics panel and legacy titler
- Dynamic linking to both After Effects and Audition
- Other Premiere tools including time remapping, auto reframe, footage stabilizing, and more
iMacs provided. Bring headphones or earbuds for lab time.
Tuition: $235 regular/$175 member/$130 low-income
Nolan Regan Morice is an editor and director of photography based in South Minneapolis. In 2011, he cofounded Line Break, a worker owned cooperative dedicated to the storytelling of groups and individuals working for justice in their communities. Since then he’s created hundreds of videos for local, national, and international clients working to build a better world. At Line Break, Nolan splits his time equally behind the camera and the computer, from choreographing lights and cameras on set to coordinating complex post-production workflows at the office. Outside of Line Break, Nolan pushes his creative approach through improvisational audio reactive video performances in collaboration with other artists and musicians. And he eats way too many donuts.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full. Registrations are accepted after registration deadlines if space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another class in the same calendar year.
- For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.