Advanced Cinema Production
Starts October 11
9 sessions: Wednesdays, October 11–December 13 (no class November 22), 6:30–9:30 pm
Picking up from our Cinema Production Basics class, this course is for filmmakers who are looking for more in-depth, hands-on production experience. Students participate in every part of the production of an original short film devised, developed, shot, and posted by the class. Among the areas of focus:
- Story – Conceiving a storyline and tailoring it to take the best advantage of available resources
- Cast & Crew – How to find the right team for your film
- Pre-production – Scheduling, budgeting, and rehearsing to assure a successful production
- Shooting – How to effectively and efficiently work with cast and crew
- Editing – Approaching your footage, assembling a rough cut, and polishing up your final edit
- Post-production – Color correction, sound mixing, music, and titles
- Finishing Touches – Getting your film out there via independent distribution or film festivals!
The class provides a top-to-bottom production experience for filmmakers who have completed the basics class or have equivalent experience. Participants are encouraged to bring their own story ideas—or even short scripts—for consideration. Class size is limited to assure that all participants are actively involved in every stage of production.
Tuition: $370 regular/$280 member/$210 low-income
As writer, director and actor, Matthew G. Anderson has been a part of the local film community for more than a decade. He has independently produced a number of short films and is the writer/director/editor of the award-winning web series Theater People, recently picked up for a fourth season.
Class Registration Guidelines & Cancellation Policy
- Space is assigned on a first-come basis. Registrations must include payment in full to be valid. Registrations are accepted beyond registration deadlines as long as space is available.
- If minimum enrollment has not been reached by 5 days prior to the start date of a class, FilmNorth may cancel it, in which case registrants will immediately be notified and receive a full refund by PayPal or charge card credit (for phone or in person credit card registrations) within 5 business days. A check will be issued for registrations that were paid in cash. In lieu of a refund, students have the option of applying their tuition to another course if scheduled in the same calendar year.
For those wishing to cancel a registration prior to the class registration deadline, 100% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. For registration cancellations received after the registration deadline but prior to the first class session, 50% of the tuition will be refunded minus a $25 administrative fee. As of a class start date, no refunds or credits/exchanges will be given.
- Tuition is not prorated for missed class sessions.