FilmNorth is currently accepting applications for a Youth Programs Manager position to begin September 1, 2018. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and two work sample links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Youth Programs Manager” in the subject line.
FilmNorth is committed to being an inclusive workplace as well as increasing diversity in our workforce. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. This position will remain open until FilmNorth has seen a diverse pool of candidates.
The Youth Programs Manager oversees and coordinates all youth programs and youth program staff at FilmNorth.
AmeriCorps CTEP Member Recruitment
- Recruit, interview, and hire for position annually. The hire will be the lead instructor for FilmNorth’s JuiceMedia after-school program, Right Track program, and school residencies.
- Weekly meetings and regular communications providing guidance and direction for CTEP hire.
- CTEP reporting and supervisor meetings (4 per year).
- Mentoring support for programs.
- Coordinate 1-2 in-school residencies for CTEP member.
JuiceMedia After-school Program
- Schedule and assist CTEP member with recruiting school visits.
- Oversee online and print recruiting materials.
- Provide oversight/guidance with curriculum planning.
- Coordinate visiting filmmakers.
- Coordinate transportation and assist with on-location productions.
- Conduct an annual YPQA assessment.
- Coordinate and report other data assessments of program.
- Assist with film fest and cable access submissions of youth films.
- Provide letters of recommendation for youth and interns as requested.
Right Track Employee Recruitment
- Apply for Right Track summer positions and attend supervisor meetings (2 per summer).
- Recruit, interview, and hire for positions.
- Work with CTEP member to oversee summer Right Track productions (for McKnight Fellowships).
Summer Youth Camps
- Schedule ~16 weeklong summer camps (June-August).
- Interview and hire instructors and interns for summer camps.
- Conduct background checks on all youth instructors and interns.
- Provide assistance with curriculum planning for summer camps as needed.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee summer camp interns.
- Oversee summer camp equipment, media storage and archiving.
- Teach two camps per summer.
Support Grant Writing and Reporting
- Create proposals for youth programming and youth program partnerships.
- Write narratives for new youth program project proposals.
- Provide data and narratives for grant reporting.
Represent FilmNorth in TCYMN & Support Regional Youth Media Network
- Attend monthly TCYMN meetings and host 2-3 meetings per year.
- Attend youth media events and support youth attendance (~4 per year).
- Provide support for annual TCYMN screening at Walker Cinema, helping coordinate youth curating and planning, assisting with assembling screening reel (with Walker tech), and supporting event as needed prior to screening.
- Support new TCYMN ventures.
FilmNorth General Operations
- Attend staff meetings twice monthly.
- Submit monthly staff reports.
- Support and attend FilmNorth’s major events (FilmNorth Forum, McKnight event, annual gala, gallery openings, etc.) and other events involving youth programs.
- Represent FilmNorth at local film events as able.
Schedule & Compensation
- 30 hours per week including paid holidays and prorated time off with some flexibility of hours.
- Also includes FilmNorth membership, access to equipment, and free tuition for all classes, workshops, and conferences offered through FilmNorth.
- Strong communication skills.
- 2+ years experience working with/instructing youth.
- 2+ years experience with media production and editing.
- Familiarity with camera work and lighting.
- Skilled at editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CC and familiarity with other Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
- Experience with program assessments and program logic models.
- Experience with grant writing.
- Experience with curriculum writing.
FilmNorth’s mission is to empower artists to tell their stories, launch and sustain successful careers, and advance The North as a leader in the national network of independent filmmakers. We achieve our mission by nurturing a vibrant, diverse community of film and media artists; providing education and resources at every stage of their careers; and celebrating their achievements.